express gazette logo
The Express Gazette
Sunday, February 22, 2026

Net-a-Porter Founder Natalie Massenet Withdraws Lawsuit Against Erik Torstensson

The former couple ends all litigation in California and New York, halting a high-profile fashion dispute that captivated industry watchers.

Business & Markets 5 months ago
Net-a-Porter Founder Natalie Massenet Withdraws Lawsuit Against Erik Torstensson

Net-a-Porter founder Natalie Massenet has withdrawn a bombshell lawsuit against her ex Erik Torstensson, ending one of fashion’s most closely watched legal feuds. Reps for the pair told Page Six that the parties are pleased that all of the unfortunate litigation between them has been withdrawn. The exes had removed claims in a California civil case and a New York family-law proceeding, and court records show the Los Angeles suit was voluntarily dismissed.

The California suit, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court last month, alleged that Massenet discovered Torstensson’s drug addiction and infidelity contributed to their split in May. The complaint said he seduced Massenet and pursued a romantic relationship in addition to their professional one, and that she poured more than $95 million into funding his lifestyle while he was hiring prostitutes and abusing drugs, including cocaine and ecstasy. It also claimed he reneged on promises to repay her; the suit included claims of fraud, breach of contract and causing emotional distress.

Massenet, 60, founded Net-a-Porter in 2000 and later became co-founder of venture-capital firm Imaginary Ventures. She sold her majority stake in Net-a-Porter for an estimated $76 million around 2009 and remained on as executive chairman. In 2011, she announced that she’d split from her first husband, and Massenet and Torstensson soon became fashion’s first couple, frequently seen with supermodels and designers. Torstensson later launched the denim label Frame in 2012. They had a child together via surrogate in 2017, and Massenet has two daughters from her previous marriage.

According to the Los Angeles filing, Torstensson was described as a high spender, chartering jets and buying art, and the suit said he ended their relationship in 2024 in a “shocking and traumatic” twist. Massenet allegedly found an old phone containing messages and photographs she described as evidence of multiple affairs spanning years. The Post previously reported on those allegations, and Tatler has highlighted the duo as fashion’s foremost couple during their years together. No further details have been released about the withdrawal or why the exes reached a detente so far.

The joint statement from the reps marks a quiet closure to a saga that captivated industry insiders and highlighted the personal stakes behind major fashion-business partnerships. Neither Massenet nor Torstensson commented beyond the statement, and court records show the California case has been voluntarily dismissed. As the fashion world continues to track the couple’s professional legacies—Net-a-Porter’s rise, Frame’s growth, and their broader investments—the withdrawal of the suit ends a dramatic, highly publicized dispute without disclosure of settlement terms or future implications for their ventures.

Erik Torstensson and Natalie Massenet at Chanel event


Sources