Leak reveals Trump’s 21-point Gaza peace plan, drawing cautious regional interest
Full plan outlines hostage release, deradicalization, and a pathway to potential Palestinian statehood, with international oversight for Gaza redevelopment

WASHINGTON — All 21 facets of President Trump’s Gaza peace plan were revealed Saturday, with the Times of Israel reporting that a copy was viewed by editors there. The plan includes a demand to release all Israeli hostages held by Hamas within 48 hours of any deal, a push to deradicalize the Gaza Strip, and a pledge to end fighting. It also lays out a pathway to potential Palestinian statehood and steps to revitalize the enclave, while stating that Hamas cannot participate in any governing structure. The plan was presented to allies at the United Nations earlier this week, but its full scope had not yet been shared with Hamas, according to officials familiar with the disclosure.
Under the proposal, reconstruction and aid would flow at levels not lower than those agreed in the January 2025 hostage deal. The Israeli Defense Forces would gradually withdraw from Gaza, and Israel would release key Palestinian prisoners. Hamas members who agree to peaceful coexistence would be granted amnesty; those who wish to leave would have safe passage to other countries, and those who want to return would be allowed to come back. The plan marks a shift from February, when Trump floated relocating Palestinians temporarily from Gaza to transform the enclave into a Riviera of the Middle East. U.S. special envoy to the Middle East Steve Witkoff said the plan addresses Israeli concerns and the concerns of regional neighbors, and he expressed cautious optimism that a breakthrough could come in the coming days.
Provisions also envision a temporary government for Gaza overseen by an international consortium of the United States, Arab states and European partners, tasked with drafting a new economic plan that would include tariff reforms for a Gaza economic zone. Regional partners would provide a security guarantee to compel Hamas and allied groups to meet their obligations, and a stabilization force would help build up security in Gaza. The plan also calls for Israel to refrain from annexing or occupying Gaza and to pledge that it will not strike Qatar again.
Netanyahu was expected to discuss the plan with Trump at the White House on Monday as he continues military operations in Gaza City. Israel has begun a ground invasion of Gaza City and has vowed to continue the fight until Hamas is eradicated. A State Department official told The Post that the United States remains focused on ending the Gaza conflict by securing hostage releases, ending Hamas rule and delivering humanitarian aid to civilians in need. European partners, including France, have expressed guarded support for elements of the plan, urging a coordinated effort among Washington, Riyadh and Paris to push toward a negotiated path.
Trump has also indicated that he would not permit Israel to annex the West Bank, saying the move would not happen. The plan’s fate now rests with allied governments and Hamas, neither of which has publicly weighed in on the full text. Officials say the leak comes as fighting intensifies and humanitarian concerns mount, with Israel pressing its offensive in Gaza City and international advocates calling for renewed diplomacy toward a ceasefire and hostage-release framework.
The timeline envisions ongoing outreach to partners and a staged rollout of the plan’s provisions, as aid agencies warn of deteriorating conditions in Gaza. While the full text has circulated among a subset of international partners, Hamas has not publicly received the complete document, complicating immediate formal reactions. As the situation evolves, the plan’s viability will hinge on cooperation from regional actors, the Palestinian Authority, and Hamas itself, as well as the ability to deliver humanitarian relief and stable governance to Gaza over the longer term.

The leak arrives as combat operations intensify in Gaza, with Israeli forces focusing on dismantling Hamas’ operational capabilities and international partners urging restraint while humanitarian access remains precarious. The plan’s supporters say its bundled approach—hostage diplomacy, security guarantees, economic revival, and a temporary international overseer—offers a potential path to stability, though skeptics warn that achieving consensus among competing stakeholders will be difficult in a volatile security environment.
